Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hudson is Four Months Old!!

I can't believe this little guy is 4 months old!
(for the record, I also can't believe that I am 29 today - no really.  I know people "say" they're 29, but I really am.  It's the last year I'm discussing my age.)


Here is what Hudson is up to this month:

  • I'm pretty sure that he's around 15 pounds. He feels huge when I hold him!
  • Wears size 2 diapers.
  • He is wearing 3 month sleepers and 3-6 month onesies and pants.  His little chubby feet are in 6-12 month socks!
  • Still exclusively breast fed. He probably eats 7 or 8 times a day (and one or two of those are in the middle of the night). He still gets bottles but sometimes feeding him myself is just easier!
  • He still sleeps swaddled, but he definitely wants to be out of it more now. He breaks his arms free at some point in the night and ends up with a hand (or both) next to his face.  This sometimes wreaks havoc on his dry skin.  No matter how much lotion I put on him or how often I clip his nails, he definitely scratches around his face and even in his ears!
  • I am really struggling with finding the right routine for this little guy.  He cat naps in the mornings and takes a long nap when Reese does in the afternoon.  The only problem is that if he wakes up at 3:30 or 4 he's ready for bed at night at 6:30.  It's surprisingly difficult to get him on a nap schedule with two other kids who I have to schedule around too. I'd like for him to nap from 10-12 and then 2-4:30, but that gets complicated by pre school pick ups and errands!
  • He is doing a pretty good job sleeping in his bassinet at night.  I'm looking forward to getting him napping in his crib soon!
  • His coos and smiles are adroable. He and I have conversations and it is just so sweet!
  • He rolled from tummy to back and back to tummy this week!
  • He is in LOVE with his Daddy.  Brian's work schedule is just crazy right now (long, long days), and Hudson just lights up every time he sees him.  They love to stick their tongues out at each other, and Hudson loves when Daddy holds him and makes silly faces.
  • He is having a lot more fun playing on his play mat and in his Bumbo and exersaucer and is gripping his toys pretty well. 
  • He loves to look at books with bright reds and yellows and oranges.
  • Drooling is in full effect.  Hopefully this doesn't mean teeth will be popping out any time soon.
  • Bath time is probably his favorite time of day.  He loves to kick and splash around, and he's also the only one of my children who doesn't mind having water poured on their hair.
  • This month he had his first trip to the zoo, and his first days playing outside and his first play date with his friend Joshua!  I am really looking forward to warm weather so we can get out more and start going more places!

Hudson loves his big brother and sister.  Wyatt is definitely more gentle with him than Reesie, but they are both really sweet to him (usually).  Reese is really into books and flipping through them and making up stories (and some of them have been read to her so many times that she actually knows what is on each page), and yesterday she sat down right next to Hudson and started reading him this Wonder Pets book. I love how she's reading and he's actually looking at the book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment