Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby Boy - Week 24!

  • How Far Along: 24 Weeks
  • Size of baby: One and a half pounds, about the size of an eggplant
  • Total Weight Gain/Loss: About 14 pounds!
  • Maternity Clothes: Yes? What else would I where? I try to stick to skirts and dresses on weekends because I HATE shorts.
  • Gender: Boy!
  • Movement: He is an active little guy! Right now I can actually watch my stomach move when he does. Brian got to feel his first big kick a few nights ago!
  • What I miss: The occasional beer or cocktail. Salmon and tuna rolls. Tuna fish sandwiches (I've really been craving tuna fish sandwiches).
  • Sleep: I get bad sleep. I feel like I'm awake half the night most nights, or stuck in "aware sleep." I'm only 24 weeks and I'm really uncomfortable. This does not bode well for the next 15 weeks.
  • Symptoms: I'm tired. I'm hot. I feel like I have a splinter in the back of my throat. My hips are killing me. I'm sure most people's hips need to prepare for childbirth or something, but mine are safe. They aren't needed for childbirth, so they can calm down.
  • Best Moment this week: Brian, Wyatt and Reese all got to feel him kick this week. I also think any moment where my kids walk up to me and pull up my shirt and say they want to give Gooey a kiss is pretty great. Unless it's in public.
  • What I am looking forward to: We have an appointment this Thursday with Dr. George! She is such a great doctor, and this will be the first time we've seen her this pregnancy. I have a list of questions to ask (like it's my first time or something), but I also have my glucose screening that morning. Sigh. I also find myself really looking forward to my bowl of shredded mini wheats everyday. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment