Friday, May 6, 2011

Hudson is 6 Months Old!


Here is what Hudson is up to this month:
  • He is around 17 pounds. According to the scale in our bathroom that Brian frequently says is "off." He is really big. I think he probably looks like the chubbiest out of all three of them at this age!
  • Wears size 3 diapers comfortably.
  • He is on his last "round" through his 3 month sleepers and fits 6 month sleepers nicely. He is mostly wearing 6-9 months outfits. Crazy!
  • Still exclusively breast fed. He does get a bottle of juice a day because he has issues with constipation, but that's it. He started solids last night!
  • He still sleeps swaddled, and sometimes wants to be swaddled for comfort, but he is such a little free spirit now.
  • He is a terrible sleeper. Seriously, it's pitiful! He wakes up a lot, he only wants to be nursed back to sleep, and I am desperate to get more than 2 or 3 hours of consistent sleep a night. I really need to get his nursery painted and set up (we put it off when I was pregnant because it seemed like too much to do with 2 - ha!), but I don't know when? I am doing something all day, every day. I can't even count on nap time because Wyatt doesn't always sleep. It's just pathetic because it would be a lot easier to let him cry it out if he wasn't in my room!
  • I feel like we're getting there with his routine. He usually goes back to sleep about 2 hours after he wakes up, sleeps for 2 hours, wakes up for 2 hours, sleeps for 3, and I'm trying really hard to keep him awake until his bedtime after that.
  • Bedtime is still 7, but I'd like for it to be closer to 7:30.
  • He talks all the time. He loves to make noises, and he loves it when I make them with him. Our current favorite is "mamamamamama." Maybe that's pushing it, but Mother's Day is Sunday!
  • Hudson outgrew his Baby Bumbo because he is SITTING UP BY HIMSELF! He was literally about to pull himself out of the Bumbo, so we sent it to his little cousin Mason!
  • He still likes to play in his exersaucer, but he is really enjoying sitting up and playing with his toys on his own! He sits on the floor with a bunch of toys around him and reached for things and pulls them closer. He sits on the floor and plays with Wyatt and just laughs and laughs!
  • We had a scare and lost Swisher this month, but we found a replacement. Hudson has just had TWO teeth pop through and it has cause him lots of pain (and was the cause of some sleepless nights).
  • He adores his Daddy and I no longer allow them to have contact during hours that Hudson *should be* asleep. As soon as he sees his Daddy he gets excited and wants to play and I can't get him back to sleep to save my life or sanity.


Playing with his big brother

He LOVES this toy, but so do the big kids.  I feel like I am constantly taking it from Wyatt or Reese to give it back to Hudson!


No comments:

Post a Comment