Sunday, July 5, 2009

Friday

Even though Friday wasn't actually Independence Day, it was the observed holiday so I had the day off! The kids and I went over to my parents' house for lunch and played the day away. Wyatt had so much fun swimming in the pool. He really enjoys swimming around, and I love his life jacket. It's really giving him the ability to learn to swim using his arms and legs. I'm hoping to start some sort of swimming lessons with him soon (we have a lot of friends who currently coach or have coached), but in the meantime I want him to learn about pool safety. That's why we've set some pretty firm rules:
  • Two people always have to be home when the kids are swimming - that's why the kids and I don't use our pool when Brian's not home.
  • Wyatt is only allowed to enter the pool from the stairs - that way he doesn't think he can just run out the back door and into the pool.
  • His life jacket stays on if he's near the pool.

We love having a pool, but it is one of the main reasons that we're seriously considering moving. It's great, but it's not worth not having a backyard or the worry that is causes when you have little ones! Plus Brian's working so much during the summer and we have the two person rule, so it hardly ever gets used.

My parents watched the kids for me on Friday night while Brian worked and I went to a barbecue at my friend Darcy's house. We went to high school together and she was in our wedding. She is a Red Sox fan, but I can forgive her that minor flaw. Even though she's living in Richmond I hardly ever see her! Several of our friends from high school were there, and it was really great to be able to sit around and catch up. And Darcy's mom makes some delicious food. I don't think I stopped eating the entire night!



He's a little water baby!
My little Puff addict waiting for a fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment