Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Day!

Santa was very good to us this year...this is just half of it!
 Brian and I were up late on Christmas Eve (much later than I thought we would be!), and we got an awesome Christmas present - Wyatt slept in until 7:15!  He is an early riser (to put it mildly - up before 6 most days), and him sleeping that late was totally unexpected, but much appreciated by his parents!  The other two are great sleepers, Reese is usually up around 7:30 and Hudson after that, so we had to wake them up!
 They were very excited to open presents, but we told them that we were going to wait until their grandparents got there at 8 to get started, and they actually did a great job waiting patiently!

I know Santa leaves some kids presents out and unwrapped, but for some reason at our house, he likes to draw the morning out.  He wraps all of our presents and leaves them in these cute Santa bags.  Which reminds me, I need to mail them back to the North Pole tomorrow :).
 Wyatt and Reese were both great helpers when it was time for Hudson to "open" his presents!

The big kids both got new bikes - Reese's was actually a gift for her birthday that Brian finally put together!  Wyatt has the same trike in red.
 And Wyatt got this sweet Schwinn, too!  He needed a big boy bike, and this one was perfect.  We saw it at Sam's on a shopping trip and went back the next day to get it!
 We had breakfast (I made sausage casserole in the crock pot, sticky buns, and French toast casserole - all Pinterest finds) and relaxed a bit before they opened their presents from us. Brian and I snuck in a little time to open out gifts, too.  Including my new Kindle and two new charms for my Pandora bracelet!  I'm so excited to start reading, but I need suggestions!

We went to Brian's parents house for dinner and presents late that afternoon, after we had all napped and were refreshed.  Actually, Wyatt doesn't nap, but he did watch Cars 2 quietly  on the laptop in his room so the rest of us could!
 The 4 big kids checking out Reese's gift from her cousins!
 "Look Mom!  It's just like the Toy Story Mania ride at Disney World!"
 Reese opening her Lion King kissing Simba and Nala.  She unwrapped them, and then she yanked them out of the box!  We left their presents at Mimi and Baba's that night and she had an emotional breakdown when she had to go to bed without them!
I love the look on Hudson's face here!  He spent the day less interested in presents and more interested in helping to pick up bits of wrapping paper!  We had a fabulous Christmas, and I hate for it to end!  That's probably why I'm dragging out blog posts about it.  And why I have no intentions of taking down my trees yet!  Ha!

1 comment: