Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Disinfection 101

So this is the first true bout of illness we've undergone with the kids, so getting this place cleaned was a necessity. Here's a few things that I've had to to disinfect this place and keep us all from getting sick (again).

1. I have now officially done about 1 bazillion loads of laundry. I washed new sheets after every nap and night of sleep, couch pillows, clothes, towels and washcloths, high chair covers, the blankets downstairs, and of course, Monkey. I am so over laundry that I probably won't do a load of laundry ever again until nap time is over.

2. Clorox Wipes are my new BFF(s?). Yeah, I've tried the Target brand, and they're nice, but they don't come out of the container easily. I have no time or patience for that. They've been used to wipe down crib rails, remote controls, the laptop, hand rails, high chairs, baby gates, handles, the kids books and a few toys. And doorknobs. Must remember door knobs.

3. Lysol is amazing. To spray down car seats, the couch, the door knobs again, mattresses, pillows again. Love everything about it. Except, you know, how it smells.

4. Bleach water. Pour a small amount of bleach into some hot water in the sink and then dump toys in it. Rinse them off and let them dry (my Shamwow's were amazing for this), and then return to the children. Little People take longer to dry because of the hole in the bottom, Mega Blocks are great, and every thing else worked fine as well.

I'm really hoping that all of this worked to keep my home disinfected. I noticed a couple snotty noses earlier, so I'm hoping I don't have to do this all over again....

No comments:

Post a Comment