Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A General Update

So, since I have the computer, I figured I would update because I can. And because I don't want to have to remember all of this stuff when I finally get the computer back.

We've been anxiously watching the American League Championship Series! The Yankees are doing a great job for the most part, but we do think Joe Girardi is doing a terrible job managing the bullpen. That's a post for a different day though...

The weather this weekend was pretty terrible, but we were able to get out of the house a bit. On Friday Brian went to the KISS concert while the kids and I stayed home. Saturday we ran a lot of errands and also went to the cemetery to visit Noelle on her Sweet Sixteen birthday! We blew up balloons and sent them up to her in Heaven, and Wyatt was really excited to go to her "special place." We miss our precious puppy every day, but we still get so happy when Wyatt talks about her and says that he has a dog names "Noelley." We can't believe that it's been almost a year without her, but he still has crystal clear memories of her.

Sunday was a pajama day! We stayed inside and watched Toy Story, Everyone's Hero and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Wyatt is really loving Buzz Lightyear right now, so he was super excited to watch Toy Story for the first time. We also finally decided on Wyatt's Halloween costume. He is going to Yankee Irving from Everyone's Hero!

We figure no one will no who he is except us, but it's the only thing that he really seems to want to be, and the costume is pretty easy. It's so hard to find something that fits that we like too! He loved the Diego costume that we tried on, but we didn't like it. We loved the little Hans Solo costume, but he wasn't a fan. Yankee Irving is a good compromise, and so cute! We just have to make Darlin' (the bat), and Screwy (the ball).

Reese's costume was decided months ago...she is going to be little Strawberry Shortcake. And old fashioned one, not the little risque costumes. What are people thinking with some of these costumes nowadays? Some of them are ridiculous. I think Reese is going to make a great Strawberry Shortcake though. I'm really excited for Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of your blog! Did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you mean Han Solo...not Hans. He's not a little dutch boy...he's a space pirate. Geez, I really need to have you watch Star Wars with me - for the good of Wyatt's childhood.

    ReplyDelete