Monday, October 5, 2009

Reese's Baby!

Reese is currently obsessed with babies. "Baby" is her new favorite word. She likes to sit on the couch so that she can look at the pictures of her and her brother on the wall so that she can tell us that they're babies. Today at Target (we didn't need much, but we desperately needed to get out of this house) she pointed at every single baby she saw, baby dolls and real babies alike.

Last year for Christmas we got her a Cabbage Patch doll, but didn't give it to her. I think our intention was to take it back because we got her a different one that went with her stroller and horsie. Since we never took it back, and it was still wrapped in Christmas paper, we decided to give it to her today. She LOVES this baby. She was excited as soon as she saw it, and she loved holding it and giving it the bottle. I have a feeling we will have a few more baby dolls around this house soon...

Waiting for me to take it out of the package
I'm pretty sure we both have the exact same look on our faces here. Excuse the wings of hair on the side on my head. Since I got pregnant with Reese only 8.5 months after I was pregnant with Wyatt, my hair never completely grew back out after I lost some when he was born. I'm growing through a re-growth period now. Has that happened to anyone else? I've got these little wisps all over the place now, and they're driving me crazy! I can't wait for them to grow out.
Reesie giving her baby a bottle
She's very protective of that baby now....
On another bright note, Brian and I both stepped on the scale this morning and discovered the "bright side" of the stomach bug. He's lost 7 pounds in the last 2 days, and I've lost 5. Since I've been sick and limited to crackers and Gatorade I haven't been following the points system, but I'm jumping back on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment