Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Patch!

Yesterday we took the kids to Hunt Club Farm to get pumpkins and participate in general fall festiveness. I've pretty much gone there for as long as I can remember, but usually for the Haunted Hayride!

It's so different when you have little ones! Last year we went to a different pumpkin patch with the whole family, and we'll probably go to that one again over the next few weeks, but after the stomach bug last weekend and nothing but rain on Saturday, we were ready to get out of the house. In fact, we drove all the way to the Virginia Children's Fall Festival on Saturday, only to have it rain as soon as we got there!

The kids had a blast. It started off great for Wyatt because we brought the wagon for them to sit in. He told me he was going to sit in it and follow "parking lot rules" (that's what we call out in parking lots so he knows he has to be holding a hand of Mommy or Daddy at all times. I got that rule and a lot of other really great ideas from this book.), but then he was going to use the wagon to pull Reesie and his pumpkins.

Reese was not sure what to make of the pumpkin patch, but she still had a lot of fun! Her only little meltdown occurred because Wyatt had a juice cup and she did not, but that was corrected when she saw hers. She is obsessed with juice. If I have a cup in my hand, she will follow me around the house with her hand reached out saying "Duice, ease!" (juice please). When I make her a cup she looks up at me and says "Eeeeeease!" She's learning so much from us trying to teach Wyatt his manners!

There was so much to do there. We picked out pumpkins and then went to look at some animals, which resulted in Wyatt holding a snake. Yes, an actual snake that he asked to hold. There is also a petting zoo and a bunch of rides, but we skipped them. The petting zoo was packed (and $12!), and the rides are out of the question. With Brian working in the amusement industry, he just knows too much about carny rides to let the kids on them. And I know my Mom never let me ride them. Plus all I think about when I see them is that scene from The Sandlot where the kids puke all over the place. No thank you!

I didn't intentionally dress Reese to look like a pumpkin, I just wanted her to look "fallish." I should've thought that one out....


Watching Wyatt and Daddy
Looking at the ponies.
Loading up the wagon
A family shot!
Wyatt was laughing hysterically at the fact that Reese fell down. Not in a mean way, but just because it was funny, and she was fine! It was the cutest laugh ever, and he kept saying "Do it again, Reesie!"
Yup. She totally blends in!
Reese and Mommy! Allow this picture to be my segway to my weekly weight watchers update. I gained two pounds; however I was fully expecting it. I lost 5 pounds when I was sick with the bug and I knew it wasn't all going to stay off. I think the fact that I didn't gain all 5 back means that this just might work for me!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I can't get over how red little Reese's hair is. We LOVE Hunt Club and go every year. We even ride those scary rides (except for Jeremy who gets motion sickness).

    ReplyDelete