Monday, June 27, 2011

Our Weekend

We spent a lot of time at my parents' house this weekend.  Wyatt was literally in the pool for at least 10 hours this weekend non stop.  My aunt and cousin were in town, and Wyatt had a lot of fun swimming with Madison. He is getting so comfortable (in his life jacket) swimming around, jumping off the diving board, playing ball.  It is crazy to me that two weeks ago we had to convince him to jump off and now he does it over and over and over again!

Reese likes to swim too, but she isn't quite as comfortable in the water as Wyatt is, which is fine with me!  She won't jump off the board and will barely jump in the pool, but she loves to float through the water or find toys that she knows Wyatt wants so she can steal them.
When we weren't in the pool the kids were asleep and I was busy painting my kitchen.  I seriously picked out 7 paint samples from Home Depot over the last two weeks and finally settled on a color. I love it.  It could use one more coat, but it looks awesome. Now I'm just waiting on the painter to come paint the family room.  There is no way that I could reach that ceiling (and neither could Brian)!  I love our house, but there are a lot of things that people get to pick out when they build their home that we didn't get to do because our house was done when we put the offer in (we had to pay extra to have them lower the fireplace hearth!).  Different counter tops, cabinets and carpet are at the top of my lists of things I would have chosen differently.  I would also never allow them to use builders' grade paint.  You can't clean it and it just stinks.  Lessons learned, I guess!
 Wyatt asked me to take a picture of him Sunday morning, so of course I obliged :)

Sunday afternoon I took Hudson to a play date.  My former boss hosted all the babies that were born within 4 months of each other at her house.  The oldest little girl (to the right of Hudson) is a month older than he is.  She is actually the daughter of the guy who took my job over when I left! The other four are in birth order from Hudson down - we all found out we were pregnant within a few months of each other. With four pregnant women you tend to get funny looks - but it was crazy!  People started calling our meetings Lamaze classes!  Ha! The funny things is that my friend made cupcakes for Mardi Gras last year and she put the traditional baby in one.  I got the cupcake with the baby, and found out I was pregnant a few weeks later.  And then it was just one after the other!


Hudson was in the middle of the girls, but I think he really wanted to be with his buddies Kayden and Ethan!  With girls it's always drama, drama, drama (and they're crawling and kept moving around - the boys are all still immobile)!

No comments:

Post a Comment