Friday, March 23, 2012

SUYL - Big Families

I guess I should start this post by clearing up three things.

1.  I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life: Big Families.

2.  I don't actually have 4 kids yet.  In like, a "currently all out of my belly" sense.  Our fourth baby is still growing (16 weeks!).  But since I do currently take care of that baby, and it impacts our daily life - with the exhaustion and the belly and all, and the fact that we are already in love with him or her- we do have 4 kids!

3.  4 kids?  That's big?  I guess to me it isn't?  I'm the oldest of 4.  My parents are 
each one of 4 (they're both actually the youngest!).  And well, I think I always knew that I wanted 4!  To me, 4 is normal, not big! Ha!

The Talls!
And the Small(s)! (I was actually pregnant when this was taken.)

And yes that's what I'm planning on calling them after this baby comes.  And also, yes, I also stole shamelessly from Nene on the Real Housewives of Atlanta.  But, I totally think it's cute.  And if the two of them ever get up to no good or make a mess, I can totally shout, "You're killing me, Smalls!"  Except, I wouldn't say that to them.  I would just mumble it under my breath.

I guess I should say that for us, 4 kids has kind of always been what we wanted.  We questioned it a bit, after Hudson.  But we decided that adding another was what we wanted.  And then it happened!  And we are beyond excited!

It's crazy to think that in just a few months we'll actually have 4 kids 5 and under.  Even crazier that in a few years we'll be shuffling more than 2 kids to soccer and baseball and school and dance.  And I am absolutely positive that the only way parents with a lot of kids get it all done is by being organized.  And I am absolutely certain that I need to get better organized!

Daily life with just 3 can be hard some days.  And of course, the fourth isn't here, but this little one exhausts me!  It can be overwhelming. The chores, the laundry, the fighting, THE MESS!  All things that can (and do!) drive me insane!  But there's also the smiles, the hugs, the laughter, and the moments where we just see the love that our kids have for each other that makes it totally worth it.  Even if the fighting to love ratio is like 80:20.  Or 95:5.  It is still worth it - 100 times over!

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet post, Brittney!

    I know my opinion totally doesn't matter, but I've always thought a family with 4 kids was better than a family of 3. I'm the oldest of three girls, and we fought CONSTANTLY growing up. Now we're all good friends, but growing up was rough. It was always a two-against-one alliance/argument, and the alliances would change in a second. I've always thought that with 4 kids, it was at least a two-against-two matchup, and they could each have a playmate without one getting left out.

    Now, all that being said, I have three kids! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are too cute! Congrats on #4. We just had #3, but I'm totally up for a 4th! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted 4 kids, until i had my first! haha :) my pregnancies are not a walk in the park. and financially i don't think we could hand it. i have 5 sisters, so big families are kind of normal in our family to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am from Kelly's link up. You have a beautiful family! We have many boys (5) and one girl. Our fifth son was stillborn on 1-24-12. I loved reading about your sweet family Congratulations on the new baby! Your blog is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your baby #4!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I guess we are about 2 weeks apart. It's a wild thought throwing another one into our mix, but I know it's going to be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So glad we found one another. Can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming over from Kelly's Korner. Congratulations on #4!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on baby #4!! Coming over from Kelly's Korner:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats! Funny out of all the blogs to read from Kelly's, I picked yours... and see a few similarities. First my name is Brittany, second, I am Obsessed with the New York Yankees, and 3rd, well, I guess I have a big family, I have 5 but mine are not so little anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on number four! Yes, you definately count them in the total, because they definately do impact the family already, don't they? LOL

    ReplyDelete