Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baby Minnie: 34 Weeks

Ah!  The countdown is on until this little girl is here! 

And yes, I will be sharing laundry room pics when it's all finished :)
  • How far along: 34 weeks.
  • Size of baby: 20 inches and 5 pounds-ish?
  • Total weight gain/loss: Still only up two pounds!
  • Cravings: Nothing really.  Really!
  • Maternity clothes: Yes.  And I will continue to wear the shirts for awhile.  Breastfeeding is starting to become real to me once again.  And that requires larger shirts :)
  • Gender: Girl!
  • Movement: She doesn't stop. 
  • What I miss: Sleep... and this week I'm finding that a glass of wine would also be nice. 
  • Sleep: Midnight to 6:30 or 7 every day.  I just can't get comfortable and then I'm up every hour to go to the bathroom!  Fortunately my big kids are good about having quiet time, so I do fit in an afternoon nap 2 or 3 times a week!
  • Symptoms: Hip pain.  Nesting.  Ligament pain.  And a sudden realization of how much I hate the actual "spinal" part of the C Section.
  • Best Moment this week: 
    •  Name choices are narrowed down.  There's been actual talk of names.  But no actual name!  
    • We got to hear her heartbeat this afternoon at our 34 weeks appointment - she's in the 120's!  I have one appointment in two weeks, and then just 2 weekly appointments stand in the way of our Baby Girl's arrival!
    • The laundry room is looking great!
    • Our hospital tour was awesome!  The new hospital is fabulous, and the rooms are huge.  It was a little weird because this tour was actually comprised of first time moms and people like me who already have kids, but have never delivered at the new hospital before. It was still informative and fun.
  • What I am looking forward to: Apparently we're having a baby name campaign?  Brian and I don't share our names, but we're going to sit down and list the reasons why we love our name choice, and to the victor goes the spoils?  This is so silly!  Wyatt's name was originally a name that I completely vetoed and then fell in love with, Reese's name was one we loved before we even got married, and Hudson's name was my idea that Brian liked enough to say okay to!  Ha!  Hopefully we both love this little girl's name - when she has one!

No comments:

Post a Comment