Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Our Weekend

Our weekend was mostly cloudy and rainy.  Fortunately we were able to get out early Friday afternoon to meet up with Derek and Sophie for a play date at the zoo!  I can't believe that Wyatt, Derek, and Sophie are all 5 years old now.  They are getting so big!

Owning a Yankees shirt is kind of mandatory in this family (Wyatt has 4, and we just added Granderson to his collection).  I showed this picture to Brian and told him he had to guess which one of these kids is his son and which one is his cousin!  He guessed right obviously, but now that Wyatt's hair is shorter, you can't always tell from the back (unless you seem them standing next to each other - Derek is taller)!
Reesie didn't want to be the "little otter," so she skipped out of this picture.
When they switched it up, she jumped in!
The kids had a great time with their cousins, and they left planning their next get together!

Thankfully, Saturday was rainy.  I don't think my pregnant body would have been able to do anything that day.  I was incredibly worn out from walking around the zoo on Saturday.  In fact, I came home on Friday, and I'm not sure that I moved off of the couch unless it was time to feed the kids or put them to bed.

On Saturday we watched Everyone's Hero.  It was Hudson's first viewing, and he really enjoyed it.  Even Wyatt still loves it, and he's been watching it since he was 2.  I guess you really can't go wrong with a movie about a little boy named Yankee that features Babe Ruth!
I wish I could say that I got a lot done this weekend, but really, I didn't.  Except maybe some laundry.  I was seriously shocked at how worn out I was.  But I guess temperatures in nineties and chasing three kids will do that to you.  Brian went to see Batman on Saturday, but I stayed home.  I'm not sure I could make it through a 9:00 showing of a 3 hour movie anyway!

The kids and I went to Target on Sunday, and well, those are the days that make me miss school!  Ha!  I don't know that last time I ventured there with all three by myself, but it was an adventure.  Honestly, they're pretty good in comparison to most kids, but I think I have higher expectations than most people. Maybe I'll count on running errands in the fall on the three days a week that both big kids are in school at the same time. Shopping with Hudson and the Baby Girl sounds like a treat!

How is it possible that we're already getting closer to Labor Day and school starting (and our baby!)?  It's crazy!  I can't believe that in a little over a month we will have a kindergartner and our little girl will be in school 3 days a week.  These kids need that break from each other because they are driving each other insane!  Reese just asked me if I think she'll go to jail if she fights with her brother.  I'm pretty sure it's because she was thinking about starting one, and I'm pretty sure the answer for now is yes :).

No comments:

Post a Comment