Friday, May 17, 2013

What I Love About You - Reese

Reesie. Reesie Piecey. You are the sweetest, kindest, funniest little girl in the whole world.


You are a great sister. But not just in a "you don't start fights" kind of way, but in a genuine, "you want everyone to be happy kind of way."  You put up with so much from Wyatt, and you fight back for sure, but you really just want him to be happy.  We're working on that, because we would like to see you stand up for yourself a lot more. You dote on Hudson and Finley. You try so hard to be their little mommy. You've actually convinced Hudson that I am his "Mommy Mommy" and you are his "Doggy Mommy." You both go around the house on all fours, barking, and he runs up to me and says, "Mom, Reesie my mom now, okay?" You want to hold Finley and love on her all the time!

You love soccer and dance. You love to color and create. Giving you a box with 48 crayons was probably a highlight of your week!  You color pictures and assign them to people - Mommy, Daddy, Didi, Pop Pop, Mimi, Baba. I honestly have no idea what to do with all of the paper!  But you put so much work into every single drawing.  You give me TONS of information about your reasons for choosing each color.  You go through a picture before you color the whole thing, and you leave a little dot on each piece with the color you want it to be so you don't forget.  Genius!

Your favorite shows right now are Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First. You play and pretend you're Doc all the time, and you're begging me for a Sofia dress.  What I love about it is that you have set your sights high for the future. You want to be an artist, a princess, and a doctor!

You are a sweet little girl.  You love your Daddy.  So much.  You would be with him all day, every day if you could.  You love your Momma, but "Dada" is your favorite.  You try your best to prolong him leaving the house in the morning.  First you ask for a hug and kiss.  Then you stand in front of the door and ask for the "password" (which is really another hug and kiss).  And then, at some point during the day, you have a "Dada" breakdown.  "I miss Dada."  A song on the radio will make you cry out of the complete blue, and when I ask you what's wrong, all you say is, "I miss Dada."  And the tears start falling.

There are times that I know you want to do "big girl" things.  You ask about nail polish and make up.  Daddy and Mommy just think you have your whole life to be a grown up girl, so we're not rushing (and definitely aren't encouraging) you to grow up any faster than you need to.  The world around us shows us that little girls are growing up faster and faster.  But you won't if we have anything to say about it (and we do)!  It may make us unpopular sometimes, and you may want to fight it, but we think it's for the best.  And you'll definitely grow a thicker skin against what everybody else thinks if you're dealing with it when you're little!

You are the silliest, funniest little girl.. You make the silliest faces.  You make up the craziest dances and songs.  I can't even describe how truly funny you are.  I always say that you're going to be on Saturday Night Live one day.  And I'm only half kidding. You love music.  You make us laugh constantly. Constantly.  There is no one on this planet who makes your brothers laugh like you do.

You question everything.  In the last week I have been told by three people that you ask millions upon millions of questions.  I already knew that of course (and it drives me bonkers sometimes), but I hope you don't lose it.  You'll learn by questioning things.  You might break the mold by questioning things.  It's a form of discovery that a lot of people are scared of, but I hope you aren't.  Ever.  

You are such a lover.  You give out hugs and kisses to everyone.  Your family is filled with lucky recipients of your love, but your favorite person to hug (besides Daddy) is probably Teddy.  That bear is your BFF.  You wouldn't dream of going to bed at night without him!

You present your challenges, just like Wyatt. Sometimes I have no idea how to respond to you when you cry over small things (which is ridiculous, because you get that from me), and I get frustrated.  And you're so good that when you're bad, I have no idea what to do.  It's like I'm ruining your whole life!  But the vast majority of the time, you're the little girl that greets us with the biggest smile and hug (or silly face) when we walk into a room.  Every single day I think about how proud and lucky I am to be your Mommy.  And I pray that I teach you to be a compassionate, joyful, kind, and patient little girl.  And I know that your Daddy wants to teach you the same things.  You are our favorite four year old in the whole wide world.  We love you Reesie Piecey!


No comments:

Post a Comment