Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Beautiful Day

Yesterday was a great day to play outside. We hadn't had a nice, warm (but breezy) day in awhile. Wyatt was itching to get out of the house. Before he went down to sleep I told him that we were going to go outside to the park when he woke up. He looked at me with the biggest smile and said "Wy wy gonna go slide!" He then proceeded to tell me that he was also "gonna play baseball outside." Needless to say, he didn't sleep for very long at all.

We got all geared up and went to the park. He had a ton of fun playing on the jungle gym and the slides. I let him ride the slide on his own and he had the biggest smile on his face. He also seemed to enjoy throwing himself down on the ground while saying "Wyatt gonna get dirty and messy!" He is such a silly kid!

Reese got to enjoy her first time swinging on the swing set, but it didn't last long. She got bored with it. Wyatt laughed and ran around the park...he had a really great time!

Once we got home I took out his baseball tee and he got some batting practice in. Then he looked at me and said "Wyatt gonna get football. Hut one, hut two!," and then he ran for the front door to go inside to get the football. We ran around the front yard tackling each other to the ground for about 20 minutes. And the fun abruptly ended when he threw the ball in the street when I asked him not to. Have I mentioned how much I want a backyard that isn't taken up with a huge pool?

Getting ready to take a few swings
Laughing after throwing himself down on the ground. It almost looks like a fall day doesn't it?
Climbing up the jungle gym
Sliding down the slide
Just playing!


No comments:

Post a Comment