Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Love This Weather!

Yesterday we got out of the house. We had some errands to run (Home Depot, Target, etc), and we needed to drop off new flowers for Noelle. It was an absolutely great day to be outside because it was gorgeous. Wyatt loves going to the Home Depot because he likes to "drive" the shopping cart, and he especially enjoyed driving Reese in the cart. We went to Babies R Us because a certain little girl has decided that she no longer likes her bottles. I think it's my fault because she only gets 4 bottles a week. I was so afraid that she was going to end up like her brother, preferring the bottle, that I hold out on it on weekends. She eats once (if she's really hungry) the five hours a day that I'm at work, and I think she's gotten spoiled. So I bought her more "natural" bottles that are supposed to be more like the actual "breastfeeding experience" if there is such a thing. I haven't tried them yet, so I guess we'll see.

We went on a nice long walk in the evening that ended up at the park. Brian got to see Wyatt in his element, trying to do everything himself. I think Brian was a little taken aback when they got to the top of the slide and Wyatt pushed him away and said "Wy wy do it. Look at me!" It's just crazy that he's not even two years old yet and he's already trying to assert his independence. They both had a lot of fun running around, and Reese enjoyed her second time on the swings a lot more than she did last Monday!

Speaking of my little "Gorgeous Smorgeous" (I know it's dumb, but she smiles when I say it), she is teething and will not sleep at night unless she is cuddled up against me or is swinging in her swing. I can't believe that my little angel sleeper is becoming a fussy sleeper, but I'm hoping it's just a teething thing. This week I'm going to start putting her down for naps in her crib to get her used to her own bed. I know she's almost 6 months old, but I'm not ready to part with her at night yet. I don't know when I will be, but naps in her crib seem like a good first step.

She's also totally showing her personality off now. She loves to play with rattles and she has a little doll that hangs over her on the play mat that she talks to. When she's in her exersaucer she squeals at all the toys. I am really loving this stage (during the day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment