Sunday, February 22, 2009

Low Key Weekend

Winter has settled back in for the weekend and Brian and I haven't been too eager to take the kids outside. On Friday we went on a date to the movies to see Taken. I thought it was okay, it's not going to win any awards and it wasn't that suspenseful, but it was short which is always a big plus for me! I saw He's Just Not That Into You on Wednesday night, and I have to say that I loved it. It was much better than I was expecting. Brian's just grateful that I went with a friend and didn't make him go with me. I had free movie tickets that I got at work last month as a token of gratitude from the powers that be for watching the 45 kids that came to work with their parents on the day it snowed. That was a great day. I've never been so thankful that I get to walk out of that building at noon.

It's been brought to my attention 4 times this weekend by 4 different people (including both grandmothers :)) that my little girl is a complete Mommy's girl. It's something I've been thinking about a lot lately (and LOVING) because she really does want to be with me all the time. She also is still going through her "anti-bottle" phase, which makes things difficult. Brian's going to give her a bottle tonight so we can get her on track again. I don't want weaning her to be difficult. Weaning Wyatt was a breeze, so I have no clue what to do with a difficult to wean child.

Yesterday I did some straightening up. I've removed the pack and play from the family room because I've only been using it as a changing station, and I can just as easily do that in the playroom. I brought Reese's high chair in and got it cleaned up for her big introduction to solids this week. Wyatt also helped me with some additional dusting. He showed such promise for it on Friday that I thought he might like to help some more. (Picture my child singing "It's a Hard Knock Life" and saying "We love you Miss Hannigan" here.)

We also went to Babies R' Us (because I'm an addict) to get some more child-proofing products. We needed to get guards to go around the bottom of our counter tops. Wyatt's head is pretty close to hitting them, and since our counter top stretches over into the family room, we needed to do something. As usual, we also walked out with a few extra clothes for the kids....

We went to Red Robin for dinner with my Mom and precious little sister. Wyatt was well behaved, and he really enjoyed looking around the restaurant at all the pictures. He looked at a King Kong poster and said "Ook a monkey! A BIG Monkey!" When we got home we gave the kids baths and Reese, Wyatt and I all went to sleep at 8. And we all slept until 8. Reese woke up to eat, but she went right back to sleep. She's such a good girl!

Today we've done a lot of hanging around the house...we're really just not that exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment