Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Crazy Days

Brian's been out of town the last few days on business, so it's just been me and the kids. I was a little worried about how things were going to turn out without him, but everything went surprisingly well. Reese still hasn't been sleeping, but Wyatt has been an angel. Seriously, I could not have asked for him to be better behaved.

We ran some errands and did a lot of playing outside. Yesterday we also watched the Grammys. Actually, we fast forwarded through the Grammys. Wyatt loves music and he loves instruments. He kept staring at the TV saying "Look at the drums mama." Brian is actually sitting on the couch next to me watching Dave Grohl play the drums with Paul McCartney saying "Brittney, look at the drums." Like father, like son. Wyatt's favorite performance of the Grammys was Coldplay. They had really cool drums and he likes to dance to that song. That Coldplay song. Yeah, you know the one.

Today we went to the park where Wyatt once again showed off his independent streak. He loves going down the slide, and he particularly enjoyed showing off for the young ladies that he was playing with. We went and got some art supplies and my Dad's fire truck was sitting in the parking lot of the shopping center. Wyatt looked over and said "Mama, look at Pop Pop's fire truck." So we drove over and looked at it for a few minutes. Then we came home and did some arts and crafts and worked on a project that I shamelessly stole from Ri. But it was a good idea, so I figured why not?

Reese is making great strides towards being able to sit up by herself. She was up for about a minute this afternoon before she tumbled down. But she tumbled with a big smile on her face.

On another note, here are a few things my husband has said in the last 5 minutes while watching the Grammys....
*"Hey that's, what's his name? Jamie Foxx? I keep wanting to call him Ray."
*"If I was in that marching band I’d go all Nick Cannon from Drumline and go out front and start banging on my drum in front of Radiohead."
He's apparently in a bit of a mood with all of this traveling....

1 comment:

  1. re: Coldplay. I will never be able to listen to them again without hearing a scene from "40 Year Old Virgin" in my head.

    And where, pray tell, are the photos from this Arts & Crafts project?

    ReplyDelete