Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Festivities

Tonight we gave Reese rice cereal for dinner. She LOVED it. She's been watching me eat lately and moving her head towards my spoon, so when the spoon came her way tonight she ate like a pro. She took a few little bites, but then she took some huge bites. Her first solid food experience went much better than Wyatt's. He cried the entire time and then reached out and flipped the bowl and covered himself with cereal. Reese smiled and she even reached for the bowl to try to drink from it!

After dinner we all put on our party hats (seriously, we wore hats...Dora ones) and sang Happy Half Birthday to her. Reese didn't get any of her cake, but her brother sure did! He was a mess and went straight to the bathtub.

I'm anxious to see whether the solids help her sleep a little more. Long gone are the days where my baby girl slept through the night and woke up at 5:30 to eat and go back to sleep. Lately my wake up calls have become more frequent. She is doing a fantastic job learning to put herself to sleep. I usually put her down asleep, but she wakes up about 20 minutes later, cries for a few minutes (and those minutes are getting shorter) and then goes back to sleep. I think I might be able to put her in her own room soon.

"You know what? I think I'm just gonna eat out of the bowl. Thanks."
"That was good!"
Reese's Half Birthday Cake
So happy to be six months old!
The whole family...including Monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment