Monday, January 4, 2010

2010

So, I've been reflecting on 2009 and the things I said I was going to do that didn't really pan out. Sure, I was going to lose weight and I can follow a routine for a bit, but I always fall off the bandwagon. I was going to make more home cooked meals, but I'm never able to resist Brian's suggestion that we go out to dinner. I was definitely going to be more organized (for sure), but it just never worked out. 2010 will see some changes though, for one big reason:

We've got our house! We close on the 15th of January, and we are so excited! Moving will help on the eating out/ homecooked goal because our mortgage payment will be a little bigger and I'd like to put our extra money towards my Target obsession and not towards Red Robin. Plus, we bought and received enough Red Robin gift cards for Christmas that it shouldn't even be a problem! It will also help me become and organized goddess because I LOVE THIS HOUSE! Our old home, while a great house, was not a home that I picked for us. Brian bought it before we were married, and while he did a great job, there were things that just didn't make me happy.

I think the fact that this house is (mostly) a ranch will help keep me on task in terms of putting away laundry and keeping up with things in general. At the old house I never felt like I could leave the kids downstairs while they were awake, and when they were asleep I had things that needed to be done downstairs! I have a laundry room that is bigger than a closet with tons of space and I have multiple closets all over. Plus, we have tons of (easily accessible) storage in the house!

A huge thing that I think is motivating both Brian and me is that we have been living in two rooms for the last two months. We have had a great time staying at Brian's parents' house (minus the heinous commute), but I am in cluttered overload! The playroom is always cluttered, our room is always cluttered, I am OVER THE CLUTTER! I'm ready to find a place for everything and put everything in it's place. I spend my time daydreaming about organizing.

Now the weight thing...that's all me. I sick of buying size 8 jeans. I am sick of my baby pouch (yes, I still have one), and more importantly, I am sick of the way I feel from eating junk. And while we have all gone overboard with our holiday eating, I am ready for us all to start eating better (Reese is probably the healthiest eater in our family, followed by Brian, followed by Wyatt, followed by me). So a huge thing for me this year is not just controlling me and my weight, but teaching my kids how to eat healthy as well.

The final thing...is controlling my attitude. I probably defined myself at one point by being optimistic and perky, but recently I've really felt the pull of negativity around me. Part of that is that I've put a lot of focus on how the selfish things that other people do or have done affect me (which in turn, does happen to be a little selfish), I've given in to joining gripe sessions, and on and on and on. But I have to stop letting other people's complaints and other people's problems have an impact on me. I have to stop thinking about all the trivial garbage and concentrate on what I really care about, which is my family and my friends. So yeah, if you catch me being negative in 2010, remind what the date is, and I will do my very best to try and bust out of my Brittney funk :).


No comments:

Post a Comment