Sunday, January 10, 2010

Do you know the Muffin Man (and Other Ramblings)?

Brian and I have a tradition of letting one another sleep in one day each weekend. We usually just switch off, and one of us wakes up with the kids (around 7) while the other sleeps as late as they'd like (which is usually around 7:45 or 8). We refer to these mornings as "your morning with the kids." As in "Boy, I sure stayed up late watching football. It's a good thing tomorrow is your morning with the kids."

Anyway, today was Brian's morning with the kids, so I slept in until 7:45. When I walked into the kitchen I saw this:




In an act of shear bravery, Brian decided to make muffins with the kids. They love to help "cook," so they had a lot of fun, and they made some really yummy muffins!

After we had breakfast, read the paper and played we went out to run a few errands. Target has the kids toy storage containers on sale today (although that price isn't reflecting online...hmmm), so we went and picked up an extra one for the move, as well as foam play mat flooring that was on sale. We decided to turn our new dining room into a playroom for now, and since it has hardwood flooring we bought the play mat to keep the floor from getting messed up and to keep the kids comfortable while playing. We've been debating what we were going to do for a few weeks because even though we have 5 bedrooms, 2 for the kids are upstairs and 2 are downstairs. One downstairs room would make a great playroom, but we're not ready to put either kid upstairs and away from us, so for now the dining room will be our playroom. Plus, I'm not about to drop all that money on a table for a room that we'll rarely use!
Besides that, we're pretty much just hanging out today. Watching football, playing, watching Toy Story and maybe going on a walk later on. We currently are without HBO so I will not be enjoying the Big Love season premiere like I'd like to. I love that show! It's a pretty big week for TV with American Idol about to start, 24 coming on next week, and all the other shows picking back up. There's one new show I'm interested in called Life Unexpected that is being billed as a new Gilmore Girls. While it's difficult to imagine anything that good ever coming on TV again, I think I'll give it a shot! The one thing that I'm really bummed about is Friday Night Lights. NBC hasn't announced its start date yet (I'm assuming sometime after the Winter Bore-lympics). This is unfortunate because if I'd known that I had to wait forever, I would have been watching on Direct TV here! I need my Coach Taylor fix!
Fortunately we will closing on Friday and Verizon will come on Monday to install our cable, internet and phone. We plan to spend the entire weekend moving (pretty much one POD delivery after another), so we're pretty excited. I can't believe we'll have our own house again in 5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment