Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Last night Brian and I were able to go out on our second date night this week! Our New Year's tradition is to go out to dinner with Pete and Shannon and then go to Dave's New Year's Eve party. Or rather, his entire family's New Year's Eve Party. When we left the house it was super foggy, so we decided that we were going to stop by Dave's, but not stay too long.

Of course we always say that! We said that a few weeks ago when we went to Pete and Shannon's Christmas party. It really is a hike out here to Brian's parents' house, and with the barely lit two lane roads, it's not ideal when you know that there will in fact be drunkards driving the streets. But we had so much fun, and knew that once we got on the interstate we would be fine, so we stayed until 1 am!

We had a lot of fun hanging out with our friends and ringing in the New Year. We even got to be college kids again and play beer pong and flip cup (well I got to actually drink - Brian was driving). I did not play the beer pong, but I did watch. And while my team did unfortunately lose 6-5 in flip cup, I did a fabulous job flipping the cup, if I say so myself. But if nothing else, I can say I learned something at college.

How incredibly cool is my action shot of Brian flipping the cup? Doesn't he look like he's using the Force?

Shannon, me and Steph
Today we basically just did a lot of hanging out. We watched the Polar Express for the gazillionth time, watched Alvin and the Chipmunks, and did a lot of playing with Christmas toys. We went to Target tonight for a few things (like a new planner - I LOVE new planners), and then came home for dinner. It's nice to have a relaxing day because I feel like we have been on the go for the last two months! I am really looking forward to closing on our house TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY and getting settled back into our routines. I am so excited for 2010 and the possibilities it brings for our family!

New Year's kiss!
Shannon and I after she took down and 11 year old with silly string. Yeah, it's sad....

No comments:

Post a Comment