Thursday, January 21, 2010

We've Moved!

Why are my kids so happy?
Because we're in the new house of course! It has been a crazy week of closing last Friday, having PODS delivered and picked up every day, unloading said PODS and unpacking all of the boxes. We didn't stay here for the first night until Wednesday because we weren't ready to stay until the house was somewhat organized and we had blinds up. We also needed to have some electrical work done to put fans and lights in the kids' rooms, so that resulted in a delay as well. But we are FINALLY getting settled in and I am super excited that we will have all of our things this weekend when we unload our storage unit. Even though it means that we will just have more things to unpack!

Right now we have like, a million decisions to make. Like, what kind of fence? Are we going to SOD or seed? Which sprinkler company are we going to use for our new sprinkler system? A part of me is bummed that we're moving in and doing all this stuff outside (because you know, outside is Brian's area) when there's things I want inside, but the reason we left our old house was to get a backyard for the children, and now we have one. Kind of. That's where the sprinkler, the seed and the fence come in!

This week has also included researching (and getting applications for) pre-schools for Wyatt next year. I'm thinking 2 days a week at 3 should be good for him. We're mostly concerned about his socialization at this point because now he relies on us for playdates and things. I mean, he's great with Reese and his other little friends and I think that there are two little ones moving in next door, but he needs more little friends his age. And this kid is ready to go to school. He asks all the time if he's going to get to go! I was also incredibly fortunate to have a flat tire on the way to work this morning. Fortunately for me my Dad was available to come help me change it. I pretty much know what I'm doing, but the jack was shoved in there to the point that I wouldn't have been able to get it. And Brian was home with kids with no way of getting to me. I don't know how people live away from their parents. I love that mine are (now) never more than 20 minutes away from me! By the way, Happy Birthday Dad!

This weekend we have some pretty nice days planned. We're going to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond. And maybe Home Depot. I don't know, I'm not sure if there will be enough time. Okay, I'm done paraphrasing Old School. We have to unpack. We have to pick out curtains for our room. We have to pick up touch up paint. We have to watch football. I think the Jets are going to beat the Colts in a major upset. And we have more swimming school on Sunday. Wyatt is super excited for more swimming!

So a lot of this has been rambling, incoherent sentences, so I'm going to go ahead and end it now. Hopefully I'll have more to blog about as the weekend progresses and I feel comfortable enough sharing pictures of how the house is coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment