Friday, January 21, 2011

Ramblings!

Hudson has been awake a lot more lately. In the mornings anyway. He typically sleeps the afternoons away, but he's bright eyed in the mornings. It probably has something to do with the fact that he can't ever get comfortable in the mornings to sleep - especially since two days a week we're driving Wyatt to school and then running errands. It's just so much easier with just two (I imagine one would be heavenly)!

Isn't this bib adorable (and true)? My brother got it for him for Christmas!

Speaking of school, here are some of Wyatt's latest worksheets from school. This month he is learning about nursery rhymes. Yesterday he wanted to know why Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, why he was an egg and why horses were trying to put him back together.
That pesky "a" in the middle of his name is killing me. He knows how to spell his name, but this a gets him every time! I am pleased with his ability to stay in the lines when coloring though. I don't know why, but it makes me happy :).

I also got Reese all signed up for school yesterday. She actually turned the forms in herself. I really debated putting her in school 3 days next year, since I'll already be driving there to drop Wyatt off (and instead will be dropping off a different kid every day). I think the three days would get her even farther ahead. But it's a hundred dollars more a month! Instead of shelling out (almost) $500 a month we'd be looking at closer to $600! If I were still working I would do that in a heartbeat, but I'm home and that also means I'm not exactly bringing any money in! As much as I like the idea of Hudson getting three days of undivided attention next year, I know that he'll be getting that the following year. Plus next year is Wyatt's last year of not having to go to school every day and I like that I'll have one big kid a day. It will make it easier to take them to do things. Even if that means that I'm going to the zoo two days in a row! I don't think Hudson will mind that much :).

The only reason I would switch her now would be if we found out that she was in some kind of class like Wyatt's - where there is one girl and 12 boys! I wouldn't want her in that class. She gets enough of boys at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment