Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Told You I'm a Dork....

This was one of my Christmas presents from Brian. An amazing Gryffindor scarf. I saw these things all over the place last month when we were at Disney World, and I wanted one so bad! Unfortunately we weren't able to make it to Universal to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter because our schedule was jam packed, but also because it was a logistical nightmare to take the kids there.

We've heard through a few people that have visited that it's crazy packed and that it can take 2 to 3 hours just to get a pass to get in! No thanks. I'm really excited to start reading the books to Wyatt and Reese and Hudson when they're old enough, and maybe next time we go to Florida we might be able to take them. And by then the Harry Potter attractions will have been around for awhile and maybe not as popular!

Anyway, Brian knew how much I wanted a Gryffindor scarf, so he ordered this online for me. I was soooo excited when I opened it, it was like I was 11 years old and got a letter inviting me to Hogwarts (lame joke). Ha!

You're probably thinking that our kids don't stand a chance of being normal with one parent who's a Star Wars fanatic and another who's obsessed with Harry Potter. But don't worry, we hide our dorkiness pretty well most of the time, and our kids probably will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment