Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Random Odds & Ends

Reese and I were doing some talking this morning about her starting pre school next year (I flipped this), and this snapshot of her was too cute!

I thought that there was a chance Wyatt wouldn't have school today when I went to bed last night. The weathermen were calling for more (ugh!) snow, but fortunately we got no snow and a 2 hour delay - which basically meant that school started on time! He had a great day and started and mastered a new letter - awesome! Brian and I have been trying to work with him more so that he gets through his letters faster.

We still haven't decided how many days Reese is going next year. It would for sure be easier to do drop offs and pick ups three days a week than every day, but I really like the idea of having one big kid plus Hudson every day. I want to decide soon because I'd like to get her enrolled before open admission starts February 1st!

Reese is doing a great job potty training. When we're at home I usually let her walk around in real underwear, and reserve pull ups for excursions. She's had a few accidents, but she's also had some great days with no accidents at all! She has been fighting naps every day for the last week - she hasn't taken a nap since last Sunday. She still goes to her room and stays quiet for a little bit, but she's going to bed every night at 6! I am not ready for these naps to be over!

Hudson is getting a lot better, he still has a bit of a cough and a little congestion, but it's nothing like it was a week ago. He still sleeps a lot, but he also is definitely more awake and "talkative" during his awake times.

I've already managed to read a whole book this week! I'm resolved to read more often this year, and I really think that it will be good for me. I used to read all the time. When I was in elementary school I would take a book and stick it in my textbook and read it while the teacher taught. I used to breeze through books in a day at the beach. I don't have that kind of time anymore, but I want to get more reading time in. Especially in front of the kids. I think it's great for them to see that I enjoy reading books (they already love them, but I want to keep the message strong). I started this year with the book Water for Elephants, and I'm going to be moving on to a biography that Brian got me a few years ago about Dick Winters (from Band of Brothers). There are tons of books out that I want to read, but there are also a few that we've "collected" that I want to read first. I'm trying to think of a fun way to track what I read and share my thoughts, and I think I've come up with something, I just want to think about it more first. In the meantime, I would LOVE suggestions of books to read. I want to see how many I can get through this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment