Thursday, June 21, 2012

Baby Minnie: 28 Weeks!

I can not believe that I am 28 weeks pregnant with our baby girl!  It feels good in an "it's almost over" kind of way to be this far along.  In the actual physical sense?  It doesn't feel so good!  Ha!

  • How far along: 28 weeks!
  • Size of baby: She's about 16 inches long and 2.5 pounds. And she's just going to get bigger!
  • Total weight gain/loss: I'm still up one pound!  I swear it isn't from lack of trying!  I eat and eat and eat and eat and...nothing!  My glucose results all came back normal, so I'm in the clear for gestational diabetes.  I did find out at my appointment last week that I need another ultrasound at 32 weeks.  One doctor wants to do it because he wants my placental scarring checked before I go in for my Cesarean, and the midwife wants a fetal weight check because I haven't gained any weight.
  • Cravings: Ice cream sandwiches, plums, strawberries, cereal, icee pops, and Port wine cheese on Triscuits.
  • Maternity clothes: Jeans, t-shirts, dresses.  I love my pregnancy shirts.  I tend not to fit back into my other clothes when I'm breastfeeding!
  • Gender: She's still a girl!
  • Movement: She is constantly on the move.  Right now I'm getting big nudges all over.  She's really, really low too, which means more trips to the bathroom for me!
  • What I miss: Right now?  Being pregnant and working! Ha!  This is my first "stay at home" pregnancy, and I am tired all the time.  When I worked I woke up ridiculously early, went to work for 8 hours, and came home.  My job was sitting.  Like, all day I sat down at a desk.  When I wanted to get UP from the desk, I went to fill up my water bottle.  Then I got up to pee.  And the cycle continued for 8 hours.  Staying at home is different.  I'm shuttling kids to swimming, and chasing them around the house, and cleaning up after them.  And forgetting to drink water.  It's honestly incredibly exhausting!
  • Sleep: It's difficult to get comfortable, but I'm not up too much.
  • Symptoms: The carpal tunnel. Hip pain.  I'm tired.  Exhausted.  Like, don't want to get off the couch to do anything.  I am starting to feel out of breath pretty easily. 
  • Best Moment this week: Her kicking sprees at night are pretty awesome!
  • What I am looking forward to: Settling on a name for our little bean soon!  Our next appointment is in 2 weeks and it's with my very favorite doctor (she has delivered our three oldest), and I'm hoping that our talk leads to a Delivery Date for this one!
  • Goals for this week:  Keep chugging along on cleaning and organizing our room to get it set up for our new room mate.  I'd also like to start pulling her clothes out of the attic so I can make sure I have everything! I'm honestly waiting for the whole nesting thing to kick in because my energy level is not meeting my expectations for baby preparation!  Brian and I also need to make a list of baby items that we need so that we can get them as we get coupons.  I can't believe how close we're getting to her joining us!
For fun: Pregnant with Hudson at 27 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment