Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baby Minnie: 37 Weeks!

This baby girl will be here before we know it.  In two weeks we will have a kindergartner, and 4 year old, and Hudson will be adding "Big Brother" to his list of accomplishments.  Unbelievable! I can't wait to snuggle this baby girl!
  • How far along: 37 weeks
  • Size of baby: 20 inches and 6 and a half pounds?
  • Total weight gain/loss: I gained 2 pounds this week, so I'm up a total of 4 pounds from my first appointment.  The midwife today told me that it seemed appropriate and that she was very happy with my weight gain (or lack there of).  Measuring right at 37 weeks!
  • Cravings: Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers.  Chocolate Frosty's.  Firehouse Subs, so I got one for lunch.  Ice cream cones, so I picked some up at Wal Mart.  I think I figured out where the weight gain is coming from!  But I also reeeeally wanted apples, so I got some of those, too!
  • Maternity clothes: Yes.
  • Gender: Girl!
  • Movement: She moves a lot!  Sometimes I would swear that she's low, but today the midwife said that she's really high!
  • What I miss: Still just sleep. Maybe sushi?
  • Sleep: Not happening.  I can't get comfortable, and when I finally do it's temporary, or I end up needing to get up to go to the bathroom!  I think I'm getting about 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night.
  • Symptoms: Hip pain. I'm tired. Since she's high it gets difficult to breathe.  And I kind of feel like I've lost control of my balance.  I prefer not to carry Hudson right now.
  • Best Moment this week:  Kisses on the belly from the big kids.  We got to hear her precious little heart beat at the doctor's appointment today.  I am a centimeter dilated, but no one seems worried that my body will spontaneously decide to go into labor on it's own this time.  She also is really responding to the sound of Brian's voice.  She kicks like crazy when she hears him.  And she has had the hiccups a lot, too.  Reese actually kept her hand on my stomach for 5 minutes yesterday while she had a little fit.
  • What I am looking forward to: We get another ultrasound next week at our pre-op appointment.  No one seems exceptionally worried about it being my 4th C Section, they just want to check my scar tissue one more time before the surgery.  The appointment is also with my favorite doctor, so that will be fun.  I'm also hoping that maybe getting another peek at her will help us settle on a name - because she STILL doesn't have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment