Sunday, July 6, 2008

32 Week Jitters?

So today I am officially 32 weeks pregnant and tomorrow will be 7 weeks until her birthday. But I'm getting stressed. It didn't help that I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a crazy charlie horse in my calf followed by a crazy contraction! I didn't really have any contractions with Wyatt. At 12 days overdue I prayed for them, walked like 15 miles hoping that they would come...but nothing. Then this morning I woke up and thought I was leaking amniotic fluid. I waited a bit to see if anything happened...but nothing else.

That's when it hit me. What if we did need to go the hospital now? On top of the fact that I'm only 32 weeks pregnant and she needs to cook for at least 4 more weeks for her lungs to develop, we are not ready! She doesn't have a name, she doesn't have a room (well, I mean, she has a room, but it's got Wyatt's stuff in it!), I haven't washed any clothes, my house isn't where I want it to be to bring her home in terms of organization (although, I did spend a few hours getting our bedroom clean and organized last weekend), it would not be good in terms of Brian's work schedule and I'm just not ready. Honestly, I don't think that she'll come early and the doctor's don't either, but now I'm packing a bag for us just in case.

And I washed some baby clothes...and a boppy slipcover. Just to be prepared and say I did something. Brian doesn't know it yet, but he's calling tomorrow to get a storage unit once and for all and to set a date for the painter to come. For serious.


The first load of baby girl clothes
And on a brighter note...my husband hates the Red Sox again (or maybe just Kevin Youkilis....I'm good either way)!

No comments:

Post a Comment