Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eventful Monday

Yesterday Wyatt and I kept Brian running all over town on his day off. I called the pediatrician first thing in the morning and left a message about a suspicious white bump that Wyatt has had on his foot for about two months now. At first I didn't think much of it, but once it prompted him to walk on his tip toes I decided to call. The only time they could fit us in was 11:15, which was a problem. Brian kept urging me to take the appointment (my fault, I'd told him I didn't think they had too many available slots with school getting ready to start), but I knew it was a bad time. The folks at the waterpark had emailed me a few weeks ago offering to throw a surprise baby shower for Brian (and me) yesterday at 11:30. I didn't want to spoil the surprise and Brian was getting pretty insistent that I take the appointment, so I took it and then called to push the shower back an hour.

The white bump turned out to be a minor infection (something's probably in there), so they opened it and took a sample and said we need to soak it a few times a day for about 20 minutes. Hopefully it will take care of itself, but his Well Baby check up is in a few weeks so they can follow up then.

I snuck a call to Dave as we were leaving the appointment and he called Brian with a made up story about the Fire Marshall being at the park and Brian needing to get up there. Wyatt and I had to tag along since we were with him. Brian wasn't thrilled to have to go up, but he was pleasantly surprised when we got there! The food was yummy and we got a lot of great stuff! We can't thank everyone enough :)!

We all then squeezed in an afternoon nap before we headed out for a few errands. Toys R' Us to buy Wyatt a T-Ball set, the Vet to pick up Noelle's medicine and Target to get "stuff." For some reason I always leave Target with more than I intended to buy! Anyway, at least taking Brian with me every once in awhile reinforces where the money goes!

Today I went to work and Wyatt stayed with my Mom. I guess he didn't take much of a nap today because he passed out on the way home. When we got in I figured he could take a little nap on the dog bed downstairs and wake up on his own for dinner. Not so much. He woke up crying and cried until I changed him into his jammies and turned on the Smashing Pumpkins! And he's out for the night. I guess it's just a question of when he'll wake up in the morning!
Here's Wyatt passed out on the dog bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment