Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our Weekend!

We had such a good time this weekend!  On Friday, my mom and dad took the two big kids for a few hours so I could run errands get a few things done around the house!  It was so nice to just have that time with Hudson, and to be able to get things done, too! I remember when it was just us and Wyatt, it took so long to get used to not being able to just walk out the door without making sure everything was ready for the baby.  Now that there are three kids - taking just one of them out is like a special treat!

On Friday night I fought the urge to watch the series finale of Friday Night Lights, and Brian and I watched Part One of Harry Potter and  the Deathly Hallows again.  I really am such a Harry Potter geek (I mean, I've perused J.K. Rowling's website a time or two to find spoilers before books came out), and I was so looking forward to seeing Part Two!

On Saturday the kids and I spent the morning at home and then went to a birthday party for our neighbor Gavin at The Little Gym in the afternoon.  They had SUCH a good time!  It flew by, and I was so happy that I didn't have to chase the kids around!

Of course, Wyatt wasn't happy that he had to leave the gym section for pizza and cake.  I think he was really upset about the group picture, but he was definitely pouting in the lobby for a few minutes!
 Reese LOVED the party - she had a great time!
The kids and I had came home and played outside, and they all went to bed super early!  Brian and I went outside and hung out in the court with our neighbors for a bit - our kids were the only ones in bed so we definitely got to relax a bit!

Wyatt went to Busch Gardens with Mimi and Baba and Allison and the kids on Sunday, so I took Reese and Hudson to the waterpark to visit Brian.  Reese had fun, but I don't think she knew what to do without Wyatt! 

 Hudson loves water.  Bathtime is his favorite time of day, so he had a great time in the baby jumpers!
 Reese was ready to leave within an hour.  I think she missed Wyatt, wanted a snack, and really wanted to see her Daddy.  This girl cracks me up!
 Before we left we went to say good bye to Brian, which resulted in a few office antics!
 

On Sunday night we went to see Part Two - and it was phenomenal.  There were one or two things that weren't necessarily consistent with the book, but it was so good.  It was by far the best Harry Potter movie, and I have loved them all (except Prisoner of Azkban, which is actually my favorite book).  I just loved it!  It was so nice to be able to get out and see the movie the weekend it came out.  But now I feel like Harry Potter is just over - and I need to find a new series or something to get into.  Anyone have any suggestions :)?

1 comment:

  1. Was Miss Ali or Miss Rachael the party leader? Maybe in the fall, Hudson can come play with Hunter in class during bring a friend. :]

    ReplyDelete