Friday, July 22, 2011

Pinnable Me: Home Organization

I am linking up with Stefanie's blog again for Pinnable Me Friday!  It would be impossible for me to tell you how many great ideas I have gotten from Pinterest.  I am totally a person who stockpiles magazines because there are design ideas, organizational ideas, or recipes that I like - but I have nothing to do with them!  I hate having lots of extra paper around the house - and Pinterest saves me there, for sure!

So, I shared a few weeks ago that I am trying really, really hard to get organized.  I honestly feel like I fall way short organizationally when it comes to laundry (clean and dirty) and our daily schedules.  Until now Wyatt has been the kid with the "busy schedule" with school, sports and play dates, but now Reese is also about to start school and play soccer so I need to keep a good schedule for everyone!  When it comes to that, I love this daily organization chart:






I just love, love this quick storage for gift wrap and ribbon. I have no idea what to do with it - and I hate to use one role and throw it out.  And I love to reuse gift bags!
Source: bhg.com via Brittney on Pinterest


Okay, when it comes to my laundry room - well, it's big enough.  At our old house, I had a Harry Potter style cupboard under the stairs as a laundry room.  Here, I have a room that is large - but I'm clueless about what to do with it!  I want to paint it and make it nice, kind of like this:

But when it comes to dirty and clean laundry - I LOVE this.  Right now everyone has their own hamper in their room -I really like washing the kids clothes separately becaise makes it's easier to stain check the clothes and put them away.  The problem is that keeping everything in bedrooms isn't working out too well.

Finally - we really need to get rid of things.  I don't really hold a lot of sentimental value to "stuff."  There are some things that I'll keep forever - maybe the kids' bassinet or a few other things - but I can take pictures of things and remember them that way, too.  This is where Brian and I have a difference of opinion.  He likes to keep things.  Or hold onto them in case we sell them one day.  I think some things can be donated or put out on the street on Tuesday! Ha!  I usually wait for him to come around and then junk it.  I would really like to do this:


and then have a garage sale, or donate stuff, or junk it!  I'd like to get this house in tip top shape before school starts!

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE to get more organized too!!! The 40 bags in 40 days is BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete