Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Daddy's Day Off

On Monday Brian had his first day off in 4 weeks. I know that he really wanted to spend the day relaxing, and I felt bad that there were other things that needed to be done around the house. Brian spent most of his day off vacuuming the pool, putting up a new umbrella in the backyard, and of course going to pick up the Baby Girl's furniture. Wyatt was very excited to have his Daddy around all day. He didn't want Brian to leave his sight, which is weird because he isn't a clingy kid. He talked through his nap (but I don't play the "no nap" game, so he stayed up there for two hours talking quietly to himself), he cried every time Brian left the room even if it was for 2 seconds, and while Brian was in the backyard cleaning the pool Wyatt stood at the door and watched him.

We left Wyatt with my Mom for a few hours while we went to get the Baby furniture and he cried when Brian left him there (and I say Brian because I know he wasn't crying over me)! He was excited to see his Daddy when we got there, and was even more excited when Daddy took him in the pool. He had so much fun playing and splashing with Brian. We took him out for ice cream afterward and he didn't eat a bite of it. He was too busy staring at some young ladies who were running around outside Handel's.

This morning he woke up and Brian said all he could hear through the baby monitor was "Katie, Katie. Doggy. No Daddy. No Ducks." I would love to know what goes through Wyatt's head when he wakes up in the morning because he really likes to lay there for a little bit before we go get him. He's a silly little boy. We took him in the pool again tonight (even though it is incredibly smoky outside, I guess from the North Carolina wildfires) and he loved it. He even started saying "in the pooool." He's also trying to learn to say "bird" as well. Tonight Brian went in after I'd put him to bed to say goodnight. When Brian told Wyatt he had fun in the pool, Wyatt said "in the pooool," and then pointed to the picture of him and Noelle above his crib and said "Doggy."

In another exciting turn of events, Wyatt has learned to say "T." So maybe he'll be saying his Uncle's name this weekend when he sees him! We'll have to practice with a picture.
Being silly with Daddy

"Swimming" thru the water. He really is kicking though!
Some more swimming...it's his favorite thing!

2 comments:

  1. Man....T is so lucky to have such an easy name. I look forward to the day when Wyatt can say Aunt Allison. Maybe we'll have to come up with a nickname or something for me so it will be easier. When our niece Nicole couldn't say my name when she was little - she used to call me Aunt Sassy. Don't know how that came about, but that's what she always called me - until now of course. Now that she is 9 years old she says my actual name.

    Hopefully Wyatt will be saying Colin soon - he will love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been trying to teach him "Allison," but he looks at me like I'm stupid, which I don't think is a good thing...I think the "l" in Colin might get him too..

    ReplyDelete