Friday, October 3, 2008

What Wyatt Does and Calls from Work

Wyatt is all about checking on his baby sister while she sleeps. He's been walking up to the Pack & Play and peeking over the side to look in. He was having to stand on his tip toes to get a peek, so he developed an alternative...

You'll notice that he standing on his little Kawasaki Green ATV that he got for Christmas. This gave him just the boost he needed to get up to "pet" Reese. The ATV has been in the garage for a little bit because it was confiscated as a result of him standing on it. Yesterday he asked for his "Big Car" (that's what he calls it), so I got it for him. And after immediately taking a few tours around the kitchen, hallway, family room circuit, he decided to use it to check on his sister. Even though her big brother is not quiet, Reese looked like this after his visit...

I got a phone call from HR at work to ask when I was going to be coming back. Now, I just had lunch with a bunch of my friends from work on Tuesday (including my supervisor), and they know when I'll be back. But now I have to call Human Resources and give them my ETA. Something about that seems final. I know that I'm going back in just about 2 months, but I'm not necessarily looking forward to it right now. I love my job, I love what I do and I love the people I work with. I love talking to my friends everyday about things of varying degrees of importance (particularly Dancing with the Stars right now). I'm very thankful that I'm able to work part time. I'm also happy that I feel like I've got a very good balance between home and work. I've thought about maybe staying home full time and it's not something I'm ready to do just yet. Maybe one day. But not when I'm only 1 year away from being fully vested in my 401k. I think I'm just not ready to think about work at all yet. My baby is still so little and I'm really enjoying my time with Wyatt.

Brian and I also have to get our schedules together with our mothers because I can't go back to work on the same schedule as before. Instead of three 8-4:30 days I need to switch to 4 shorter days. This is beneficial from a few standpoints. First of all, I'll only miss one or two feedings for Reese so my milk supply should stay up. A few months after I went back to work with Wyatt I needed to start supplementing one bottle a day with formula. With her I already have freezer that looks like this so I'm not as worried:


Wyatt also resisted breast feeding in the afternoons with me because he got bottles all day. So, if I'm able to feed her more I won't have to worry about my supply and she won't be getting as many bottles. If I can work their schedules out then it could also mean them taking naps while I'm gone which will be easier on our moms, but will also mean I miss less awake time. I'll be home in the afternoon more which means I won't be as frazzled about the dinner time, bath time, bed time routine because I won't have to immediately start to work on feeding everyone and then putting them to bed. The only downfall (in my opinion) is the morning routine. I'll have to wake up uber early one day more to get all of us ready, but I can deal with that, I'll just need more Daddy help than I used to have. With just Wyatt Brian could sleep in while I got everything together, but I'm afraid that won't be the case with two. We'll just have to see. And this is what one phone call from work can lead to....

No comments:

Post a Comment