Monday, August 18, 2008

Last Day as a Family of 3 (People)...Kind of

Today was our last full day together as a family of three (people). I know that there's a week until Baby Girl gets here, but Brian has to work every day. Especially since he'll be missing a few days once she's here, and it's not exactly the best time of year for that.

We decided that it would be fun to spend today going to the zoo and doing other things that we enjoy. This morning we woke up and did our best to get going early so we could get to the zoo before it got too hot....we were unsuccessful. Brian left his flip flops at the park so we had to go get those, and Wyatt fell asleep in the car, so Brian decided to treat me to some Doumar's. Cheeseburgers, french fries, limeade and a Ringo. Delicious!

Once we got to the zoo we realized that we didn't have a stroller! We had to take it out on Saturday when we went to Nags Head for Colin's birthday to accommodate Noelle, and we forgot to put it back in. We rented a stroller instead, and Wyatt actually enjoyed his trip in his little safari stroller. I was stopping the boys practically every time we passed a bench so that I could sit....I was burning up today! I don't think that I have any lung capacity left either, I could barely breathe. We made it through the Africa exhibit and that was about it. Of course, it took an hour and a half to walk through so we were there for awhile. Wyatt had a great time staring at the Giraffes (he calls them "Daffs") and the elephants. He had the most fun playing with Daddy in the water though. I turned my back for two second and he was SOAKED. But he was laughing and playing and pulling Brian back and forth between the water fountains.

We left the zoo and went to Babies R Us for the double stroller and the mattress. Wyatt pointed out the babies to us every time we passed one. By the time we got home Wyatt had fallen asleep again (he only slept for 45 minutes when we were on our way to the zoo). Once we were inside Brian fell asleep too and I did some chores. The boys didn't nap for long though, they went on a bike ride for awhile, which gave me more time to do chores...they just never stop!

All in all we had a really fun day playing and's just hard to believe that in one week we'll have another baby! I'm still not sure how it's all going to work! Brian will be with me in the hospital while Wyatt stays with our parents, but he still has to go back to work for a little while. I don't even want to think about the nights we won't be there to tuck Wyatt in and get him ready for bed while we're in the hospital, we're really gonna miss our little fella!

Anyway, we still have a list of things to do before she comes next Monday, and I still have to go to work this week, so it will be a pretty busy week! I have my pre-op appointment with Dr. George on Thursday so we'll find out how she's progressing. If this killer contractions are any sign, I'm like 4 cm by now :). I'll post some pictures of Wyatt at the zoo tomorrow...I'm too tired now!

No comments:

Post a Comment