Monday, December 1, 2008

Hives

On Thursday morning while we were getting ready to go to my parents' house I noticed a penny sized red mark on Wyatt's thigh. I figured he'd scratched himself on something and got him dressed. We went about our day and until after the jello catastrophe at Brian's parents' house we noticed nothing. Brian's Mom was giving Wyatt a bath and noticed a large, red welt like bump covering the entire right side of his behind. The mark from earlier in the day was gone.

We were concerned about the red mark so I called the Pediatrician on Friday. I told the nurse what we saw and she took the information and said the Doctor wouldn't be in until Monday and she'd call back then. It wasn't a huge concern because the mark from the night before was gone in the morning when he woke up.

Over the last few days these marks have come and gone in different spots up and down his bottom, thigh and calf every day. It was the worst today. He woke up from his nap with them down both legs all the way to his sock line. We can't think of anything that he's had that's new in the last few days that would cause these hives. No new foods. No new detergents. We're clueless. Clueless.

So I'm hoping that the Pediatrician calls me first thing in the morning and we can go in to have these hives checked out. They're not bothering him at all, he barely scratches them (he did a little tonight, but that's it)...but they look bad. And we're worried about him!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope it's not Hand Foot and Mouth - (Cocksackie Virus). Liam had that last year...and, it started with the hive looking spots on his thighs. Poor lil' guy - I hope it's nothing and goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Holly makes the blog hard to read.

    ReplyDelete